When does your denture need replacing ?
Your face, jaw and tissues change over the years, but your prosthesis does not.
Your dentures are made of a stable and rigid material and cannot adapt to these physical changes. Here are some of the signs indicating that your prosthesis should be checked:
• Sore and irritated tissues • problems with chewing certain foods, indigestion problems
• Thinning lips, sagging mouth, a change in facial features
• Loose, falling out when speaking or laughing
• Has discolored or has an odor
• Softening of the tissues • headaches, neck, or ear pain
• bone (ridge) loss
• your partial is kept in your pocket most of the time
These changes happen gradually and are mostly imperceptible to you. Your appearance and comfort are compromised the longer you delay replacing your prosthesis. your denturist is the most qualified person to tell you when a denture needs replacing.
When was the last time you saw your denturist?